Article Comparison - Protocol Supplementary to the Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Seizure of Aircraft
1. Article 3, paragraph 1, of the Convention shall be replaced by the following:
1. For the purposes of this Convention, an aircraft is considered to be in service from the beginning of the pre-flight preparation of the aircraft by ground personnel or by the crew for a specific flight until twenty-four hours after any landing. In the case of a forced landing, the flight shall be deemed to continue until the competent authorities take over the responsibility for the aircraft and for persons and property on board.”
2. In Article 3, paragraph 3, of the Convention, “registration” shall be replaced by “registry”.
3. In Article 3, paragraph 4, of the Convention, “mentioned” shall be replaced by “set forth”.
4. Article 3, paragraph 5, of the Convention shall be replaced by the following:
“5. Notwithstanding paragraphs 3 and 4 of this Article, Articles 6, 7, 7 bis, 8, 8 bis, 8 ter and 10 shall apply whatever the place of take-off or the place of actual landing of the aircraft, if the offender or the alleged offender is found in the territory of a State other than the State of registry of that aircraft.”