Article Comparison - Protocol Supplementary to the Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Seizure of Aircraft
Article 8 of the Convention shall be replaced by the following:
1. The offences set forth in Article 1 shall be deemed to be included as extraditable offences in any extradition treaty existing between States Parties. States Parties undertake to include the offences as extraditable offences in every extradition treaty to be concluded between them.
2. If a State Party which makes extradition conditional on the existence of a treaty receives a request for extradition from another State Party with which it has no extradition treaty, it may at its option consider this Convention as the legal basis for extradition in respect of the offences set forth in Article 1. Extradition shall be subject to the other conditions provided by the law of the requested State.
3. States Parties which do not make extradition conditional on the existence of a treaty shall recognize the offences set forth in Article 1 as extraditable offences between themselves subject to the conditions provided by the law of the requested State.
4. Each of the offences shall be treated, for the purpose of extradition between States Parties, as if it had been committed not only in the place in which it occurred but also in the territories of the States Parties required to establish their jurisdiction in accordance with subparagraphs (b), (c), (d) and (e) of paragraph 1 of Article 4 and who have established jurisdiction in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 4.
5. The offences set forth in subparagraphs (a) and (b) of paragraph 4 of Article 1 shall, for the purpose of extradition between States Parties, be treated as equivalent.”