Article Comparison - European Convention on the Transfer of Proceedings in Criminal Matters
1. The provisional measures provided in Articles 27 and 28 shall be governed by the provisions of this Convention and the law of the requested State. The law of that State, or the Convention shall also determine the conditions on which the measures may lapse.
2. These measures shall lapse in the cases referred to in Article 21, paragraph 2.
3. A person in custody shall in any event be released if he is arrested in pursuance of Article 27 and the requested State does not receive the request for proceedings within 18 days from the date of the arrest.
4. A person in custody shall in any event be released if he is arrested in pursuance of Article 27 and the documents which should accompany the request for proceedings have not been received by the requested State within 15 days from the receipt of the request for proceedings.
5. The period of custody applied exclusively by virtue of Article 27 shall not in any event exceed 40 days.