Article Comparison - International Natural Rubber Agreement
1. The Council shall, by special vote, appoint an Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and a Buffer Stock Manager.
2. The terms and conditions of appointment of the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and the Buffer Stock Manager shall be determined by the Council.
3. The Executive Director shall be the chief administrative officer of the Organization and shall be responsible to the Council for the administration and operation of this Agreement in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement and decisions of the Council.
4. The Deputy Executive Director shall at all times be responsible to the Executive Director. The Deputy Executive Director shall act as the Executive Director when the latter is for any reason unable to perform his duties or when the office of the Executive Director is temporarily vacant, in which event he shall be directly responsible to the Council for the administration and operation of the Agreement. The Deputy Executive Director shall be involved in all matters pertaining to the Agreement.
5. The Buffer Stock Manager shall be responsible to the Executive Director and the Council for the functions conferred upon him by this Agreement, as well as for such additional functions as the Council may determine. The Buffer Stock Manager shall be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the buffer stock, and shall keep the Executive Director informed of the general operations of the buffer stock so that the Executive Director may ensure its effectiveness in meeting the objectives of this Agreement.
6. The Executive Director shall appoint the staff in accordance with regulations established by the Council. The staff shall be responsible to the Executive Director.
7. Neither the Executive Director nor any member of the staff, including the Deputy Executive Director and the Buffer Stock Manager, shall have any financial interest in the rubber industry or trade, or associated commercial activities.
8. In the performance of their duties, the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director, the Buffer Stock Manager and other staff shall not seek or receive instructions from any member of (2) from any other authority external to the Council or to any committee established under Article 18. They shall refrain from any action which might reflect on their positions as international officials responsible only to the Council. Each member shall respect the exclusively international character of the responsibilities of the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director, the Buffer Stock Manager and other staff and shall not seek to influence them in the discharge of their responsibilities.