Article Comparison - International Natural Rubber Agreement
1. The exporting members shall together hold 1 000 votes and the importing members shall together hold 1 000 votes.
2. Each exporting member shall receive one initial vote out of the 1 000 votes except that in the case of an exporting member with net exports of less than 10 000 tonnes annually the initial vote shall not apply. The remainder of such votes shall be distributed among the exporting members as nearly as possible in proportion to the volume of their respective net exports of natural rubber for the period of five calendar years commencing six calendar years prior to the distribution of votes.
3. The votes of importing members shall be distributed among them as nearly as possible in proportion to the average of their respective net imports of natural rubber during the period of three calendar years commencing four calendar years prior to the distribution of votes, except that each importing member shall receive one vote even if its proportional net import share is otherwise not sufficiently large to so justify.
4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3 of this Article, paragraphs 2 and 3 of Article 27 relating to contributions of importing members, and Article 38, the Council shall, at its first session, establish a table of net exports of exporting members and a table of net imports of importing members which shall be revised annually in accordance with this Article.
5. There shall be no fractional votes.
6. The Council shall, at the first session after the entry into force of this Agreement, distribute the votes for that year, to remain in effect until the first regular session of the following year, except as provided for in paragraph 7 of this Article. Subsequently for each year, the Council shall distribute the votes at the beginning of the first regular session of that year. Such distribution shall remain in effect until the first regular session of the following year, except as provided for in paragraph 7 of this Article.
7. Whenever the membership of the Organization changes or when any member has its voting rights suspended or restored under any provision of this Agreement, the Council shall redistribute the votes within the affected category or categories of members in accordance with the provisions of this Article.
8. In the event of the exclusion of a member pursuant to Article 65, or the withdrawal of a member pursuant to Article 64 or Article 63, resulting in the reduction of the total trade share of those members remaining in either category below 80 per cent, the Council shall meet and decide on the terms, conditions and future of this Agreement, including in particular the need to maintain effective buffer stock operations without causing undue financial burden to the remaining members.