Article Comparison - International Natural Rubber Agreement
1. The Organization shall have legal personality. In particular, but without prejudice to the provisions of paragraph 4 of Article 48, the Organization shall have the capacity to contract, to acquire and dispose of movable and immovable property, and to institute legal proceedings.
2. The status, privileges and immunities of the Organization, of its Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Buffer Stock Manager as well as other staff and experts, and of members' delegations shall continue to be governed by the Headquarters Agreement between the host Government and the Organization signed on 10 June 1987, with such amendments as might be necessary for the proper functioning of this Agreement.
3. If the headquarters of the Organization is moved to another country, the Government of that country shall, as soon as possible, conclude with the Organization a Headquarters Agreement to be approved by the Council.
4. Pending the conclusion of the Headquarters Agreement pursuant to paragraph 3 of this Article, the Organization shall request the host Government to grant, to the extent consistent with its laws, exemption from taxation on remuneration paid by the Organization to its employees, and on the assets, income and other property of the Organization.
5. The Organization may also conclude, with one or more Governments, agreements to be approved by the Council relating to such privileges and immunities as may be necessary for the proper functioning of this Agreement.
6. The Headquarters Agreement shall be independent of this Agreement. It shall, however, terminate:
(a) by agreement between the host Government and the Organization;
(b) in the event that the headquarters of the Organization is moved from the country of the host Government; or
(c) in the event that the Organization ceases to exist.