Article Comparison - International Natural Rubber Agreement
1. The Council may, by special vote, recommend amendments of this Agreement to the members.
2. The Council shall fix a date by which members shall notify the depositary of their acceptance of the amendment.
3. An amendment shall become effective 90 days after the depositary has received notifications of acceptance from members constituting at least two-thirds of the exporting members and accounting for at least 85 per cent of the votes of the exporting members, and from members constituting at least two-thirds of the importing members and accounting for at least 85 per cent of the votes of the importing members.
4. After the depositary informs the Council that the requirements for the amendment to become effective have been met, and notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of this Article relating to the date fixed by the Council, a member may still notify the depositary of its acceptance of the amendment, provided that such notification is made before the amendment becomes effective.
5. Any member which has not notified its acceptance of an amendment by the date on which such amendment becomes effective shall cease to be a contracting party as from that date, unless such member has satisfied the Council that its acceptance could not be obtained in time owing to difficulties in completing its constitutional or institutional procedures, and the Council decides to extend for that member the period for acceptance of the amendment. Such member shall not be bound by the amendment before it has notified its acceptance thereof.
6. If the requirements for the amendment to become effective have not been met by the date fixed by the Council in accordance with paragraph 2 of this Article, the amendment shall be considered withdrawn.