Article Comparison - International Natural Rubber Agreement
1. In accordance with this Article, the Council shall determine any settlement of accounts with a member which ceases to be a contracting party to this Agreement owing to:
(a) non-acceptance of an amendment to this Agreement pursuant to Article 63;
(b) withdrawal from this Agreement pursuant to Article 64; or
(c) exclusion from this Agreement pursuant to Article 65.
2. The Council shall retain any contribution paid to the Administrative Account by a member which ceases to be a contracting party to this Agreement.
3. The Council shall refund the share in the Buffer Stock Account in accordance with Article 40 to a member which ceases to be a contracting party owing to non-acceptance of an amendment to this Agreement, withdrawal or exclusion, less its share in any surpluses.
(a) Such refund to a member which ceases to be a contracting party owing to non-acceptance of an amendment to this Agreement shall be made one year after the amendment concerned enters into force.
(b) Such refund to a member which withdraws shall be made within 60 days after that member ceases to be a contracting party to this Agreement, unless as a result of this withdrawal the Council decides to terminate this Agreement under paragraph 5 of Article 67 prior to such a refund, in which case the provisions of Article 40 and paragraph 6 of Article 67 shall apply.
(c) Such refund to a member which is excluded shall be made within 60 days after a member ceases to be a contracting party to this Agreement.
4. In the event that the Buffer Stock Account is unable to settle the payment in cash due under subparagraph (a), (b) or (c) of paragraph 3 of this Article without either undermining the viability of the Buffer Stock Account or leading to a call up of additional contributions from members to cover such refunds, payment shall be deferred until the requisite amount of natural rubber in the Buffer Stock can be sold at or above the upper intervention price. In the event that, before the end of the one-year period specified in Article 64, the Council informs a withdrawing member that payment will have to be deferred in accordance with this paragraph, the period of one year between notification of intention to withdraw and the actual withdrawal may, if the withdrawing member so wishes, be extended until such time as the Council informs that member that payment of its share can be effected within 60 days.
5. A member which has received an appropriate refund under this Article shall not be entitled to any share of the proceeds of liquidation of the Organization. Nor shall such a member be liable for any deficit incurred by the Organization after such refund has been made.