Article Comparison - General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade, 1947
1. Representatives of the contracting parties shall meet from time to time for the purpose of giving effect to those provisions of this Agreement which involve joint action and, generally, with a view to facilitating the operation and furthering the objectives of this Agreement. Wherever reference is made in this Agreement to the contracting parties acting jointly they are designated as the contracting parties.
2. The Secretary-General of the United Nations is requested to convene the first meeting of the contracting parties, which shall take place not later than March 1, 1948.
3. Each contracting party shall be entitled to have one vote at all meetings of the contracting parties.
4. Except as otherwise provided for in this Agreement, decisions of the contracting parties shall be taken by a majority of the votes cast.
5. In exceptional circumstances not elsewhere provided for in this Agreement, the contracting parties may waive an obligation imposed upon a contracting party by this Agreement; Provided that any such decision shall be approved by a two-thirds majority of the votes cast and that such majority shall comprise more than half of the contracting parties. The contracting parties may also by such a vote
(i) define certain categories of exceptional circumstances to which other voting requirements shall apply for the waiver of obligations, and
(ii) prescribe such criteria as may be necessary for the application of this paragraph.