Article Comparison - Constitution of the International Labour Organization
1. The staff of the International Labour Office shall be appointed by the Director-General under regulations approved by the Governing Body.
2. So far as is possible with due regard to the efficiency of the work of the Office, the Director-General shall select persons of different nationalities.
3. A certain number of these persons shall be women.
4. The responsibilities of the Director-General and the staff shall be exclusively international in character. In the performance of their duties, the Director-General and the staff shall not seek or receive instructions from any government or from any other authority external to the Organization. They shall refrain from any action which might reflect on their position as international officials responsible only to the Organization.
5. Each Member of the Organization undertakes to respect the exclusively international character of the responsibilities of the Director-General and the staff and not to seek to influence them in the discharge of their responsibilities.