Article Comparison - Arab Charter on Human Rights [*]
1. The eradication of illiteracy is a binding obligation upon the State and everyone has the right to education.
2. The States parties shall guarantee their citizens free education at least throughout the primary and basic levels. All forms and levels of primary education shall be compulsory and accessible to all without discrimination of any kind.
3. The States parties shall take appropriate measures in all domains to ensure partnership between men and women with a view to achieving national development goals.
4. The States parties shall guarantee to provide education directed to the full development of the human person and to strengthening respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
5. The States parties shall endeavour to incorporate the principles of human rights and fundamental freedoms into formal and informal education curricula and educational and training programmes.
6. The States parties shall guarantee the establishment of the mechanisms necessary to provide ongoing education for every citizen and shall develop national plans for adult education.