Article Comparison - Arab Charter on Human Rights [*]
1. The Secretary-General shall declare a seat vacant after being notified by the Chairman of a member’s:
(b) Resignation; or
(c) If, in the unanimous opinion of the other members, a member of the Committee has ceased to perform his functions without offering an acceptable justification or for any reason other than a temporary absence.
2. If a member’s seat is declared vacant pursuant to the provisions of paragraph 1 and the term of office of the member to be replaced does not expire within six months from the date on which the vacancy was declared, the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States shall refer the matter to the State parties to the present Charter, which may, within two months, submit nominations, pursuant to article 45, in order to fill the vacant seat.
3. The Secretary-General of the League of Arab States shall draw up an alphabetical list of all the duly nominated candidates, which he shall transmit to the States parties to the present Charter. The elections to fill the vacant seat shall be held in accordance with the relevant provisions.
4. Any member of the Committee elected to fill a seat declared vacant in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 shall remain a member of the Committee until the expiry of the remainder of the term of the member whose seat was declared vacant pursuant to the provisions of that paragraph.
5. The Secretary-General of the League of Arab States shall make provision within the budget of the League of Arab States for all the necessary financial and human resources and facilities that the Committee needs to discharge its functions effectively. The Committee’s experts shall be afforded the same treatment with respect to remuneration and reimbursement of expenses as experts of the Secretariat of the League of Arab States.