Article Comparison - Convention on the Protection of the Rhine
1. The Commission shall communicate to the Contracting Parties, in the form of recommendations, its decisions on the measures referred to in Article 8(1)(b), which shall be implemented in accordance with the national law of the Contracting Parties.
2. The Commission may stipulate that these decisions:
(a) shall be applied by the Contracting Parties on the basis of a timetable;
(b) shall be implemented in a coordinated manner.
3. The Contracting Parties shall report regularly to the Commission on:
(a) the legislative, regulatory and other measures they have taken with a view to implementing the provisions of this Convention and on the basis of the Commission's decisions;
(b) the results of the measures implemented in accordance with subparagraph (a);
(c) problems arising in the implementation of the measures referred to in subparagraph (a).
4. If a Contracting Party cannot implement the Commission's decisions, in full or in part, it shall report this within a specific time limit set by the Commission on a case-by-case basis and shall give its reasons. Each delegation may submit a request for consultation, to which a response must be given within two months.
On the basis of the reports from the Contracting Parties or of consultations, the Commission may decide that measures will be taken to assist the implementation of the decisions.
5. The Commission shall keep a list of its decisions addressed to the Contracting Parties. The Contracting Parties shall add to the list annually with updates on the progress made in implementing the Commission's decisions, at the latest two months before the plenary session of the Commission.