Article Comparison - Constitution of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization
1. The Conference shall consist of representatives of all Members.
2. (a) The Conference shall hold a regular session every two years, unless it decides otherwise. Special sessions shall be convened by the Director-General at the request of the Board or of a majority of all Members.
(b) Regular sessions shall be held at the seat of the Organization, unless otherwise determined by the Conference. The Board shall determine the place where a special session is to be held.
3. In addition to exercising other functions specified in this Constitution, the Conference shall:
(a) Determine the guiding principles and the policies of the Organization;
(b) Consider reports of the Board, of the Director-General and of the subsidiary organs of the Conference;
(c) Approve the programme of work, the regular budget and the operational budget of the Organization in accordance with Article 14, establish the scale of assessments in accordance with Article 15, approve the financial regulations of the Organization and supervise the effective utilization of the financial resources of the Organization;
(d) Have the authority to adopt, by a two-thirds majority of the Members present and voting, conventions or agreements with respect to any matter within the competence of the Organization and to make recommendations to the Members concerning such conventions or agreements;
(e) Make recommendations to Members and to international organizations with respect to matters within the competence of the Organization;
(f) Take any other appropriate action to enable the Organization to further its objectives and carry out its functions.
4. The Conference may delegate to the Board such of its powers and functions as it may consider desirable, except for those provided for in: Article 3, subparagraph (b); Article 4; Article 5, subparagraphs 3 (a), (b), (c) and (d); Article 9, paragraph 1; Article 10, paragraph 1; Article 11, paragraph 2; Article 14, paragraphs 4 and 6; Article 15; Article 18; Article 23, subparagraphs 2 (b) and 3 (b); and Annex I.
5. The Conference shall adopt its own rules of procedure.
6. Each Member shall have one vote in the Conference. Decisions shall be made by a majority of the Members present and voting unless otherwise specified in this Constitution or in the rules of procedure of the Conference.