Article Comparison - International Cocoa Agreement
1. Each Member of the Executive Committee shall be entitled to cast the number of votes received by it under the provisions of article 16, and no member of the Executive Committee shall be entitled to divide its votes.
2. Without prejudice to the provisions of paragraph 1 of this article and by written notification to the Chairperson, any exporting or importing Member which is not a Member of the Executive Committee and which has not cast its votes under paragraph 2 of article 16 for any of the members elected may authorize any exporting or importing Member of the Executive Committee, as appropriate, to represent its interests and to cast its votes in the Executive Committee.
3. In the course of any cocoa year a Member may, after consultation with the Member of the Executive Committee for which it voted under article 16, withdraw its votes from that member. The votes thus withdrawn may be reassigned to another exporting or importing Member of the Executive Committee, as appropriate, but may not be withdrawn from this Member for the remainder of that cocoa year. The Member of the Executive Committee from which the votes have been withdrawn shall nevertheless retain its seat on the Executive Committee for the remainder of that cocoa year. Any action taken pursuant to the provisions of this paragraph shall become effective after the Chairman has been informed in writing thereof.
4. Any decisions taken by the Executive Committee shall require the same majority as that decision would require if taken by the Council.
5. Any Member shall have the right of appeal to the Council against any decision of the Executive Committee. The Council shall prescribe, in its rules of procedure, the conditions under which such appeal may be made.