Article Comparison - International Cocoa Agreement
1. The Organization shall have legal personality. It shall in particular have the capacity to contract, acquire and dispose of movable and immovable property and to institute legal proceedings.
2. The status, privileges and immunities of the Organization, its Executive Director, its staff and experts and of representatives of Members whilst in the territory of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for the purpose of exercising their functions, shall continue to be governed by the Headquarters Agreement concluded between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (hereinafter referred to as the host Government) and the International Cocoa Organization in London on 26 March 1975, with such amendments as are necessary for the proper functioning of this Agreement.
3. If the headquarters of the Organization is moved to another country, the new host Government shall, as soon as possible, conclude with the Organization a headquarters agreement to be approved by the Council.
4. The Headquarters Agreement referred to in paragraph 2 of this article shall be independent of this Agreement. It shall, however, terminate:
(a) By agreement between the host Government and the Organization;
(b) In the event of the headquarters of the Organization being moved from the territory of the host Government; or
(c) In the event of the Organization ceasing to exist.
5. The Organization may conclude with one or more other Members agreements to be approved by the Council relating to such privileges and immunities as may be necessary for the proper functioning of this Agreement.