Article Comparison - International Cocoa Agreement
1. The Consultative Board on the World Cocoa Economy shall be composed of experts from all sectors of the cocoa economy, such as:
(a) Associations from the trade and industry;
(b) National and regional cocoa producer organizations, from both the public and private sectors;
(c) National cocoa exporter organizations;
(d) Cocoa research institutes; and
(e) Other private sector associations or institutions having an interest in the cocoa economy.
2. These experts shall act in their personal capacity or on behalf of their respective associations.
3. Members of the Organization may participate as observers.
4. The Board shall be composed of seven members from exporting countries and seven members from importing countries as defined in paragraph 1 of this article, appointed by the Council every two cocoa years. The members may designate one or more alternates and advisers. In the light of the experience of the Board, the Council may increase the number of members of the Board.
5. The Board may also invite eminent experts or personalities of high standing in a specific field, from the public and private sectors, to participate in its work.
6. The Chairman of the Board shall be chosen from among its members. The chairmanship shall alternate between exporting and importing countries every two cocoa years.
7. Upon its establishment, the Consultative Board shall draw up its own rules and recommend them for adoption by the Council.