Article Comparison - International Cocoa Agreement
1. This Agreement shall remain in force until the end of the fifth full cocoa year after its entry into force, unless extended under paragraph 3 of this article, or terminated earlier under paragraph 4 of this article.
2. While this Agreement is in force, the Council may, by special vote, decide to renegotiate it with a view to having the renegotiated agreement enter into force at the end of the fifth cocoa year referred to in paragraph 1 of this article, or at the end of any period of extension decided upon by the Council under paragraph 3 of this article.
3. The Council may, by special vote, extend this Agreement in whole or in part for two periods not exceeding two cocoa years each. The Council shall notify the depositary of any such extension.
4. The Council may at any time, by special vote, decide to terminate this Agreement. Such termination shall take effect on such date as the Council shall decide, provided that the obligations of Members under article 26 shall continue until the financial liabilities relating to the operation of this Agreement have been discharged. The Council shall notify the depositary of any such decision.
5. Notwithstanding the termination of this Agreement by any means whatsoever, the Council shall remain in being for as long as necessary to carry out the liquidation of the Organization, settlement of its accounts and disposal of its assets. The Council shall have during that period the necessary powers for the conclusion of all administrative and financial matters.
6. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of article 60, a Member which does not wish to participate in this Agreement as extended under this article shall so inform the depositary and the Council. Such Member shall cease to be a party to this Agreement from the beginning of the period of extension.